When I started this blog about three weeks ago I had no idea that there would be a whole community of wonderful and supportive people whose loveliness surpasses my expectations every single day. I was nominated for the Liebster Award by BOTH Sarah (#SarasStickTogether) from Live Your Best Lush Life and Sazzy and Joanie from The Cozy Den. They each have beautiful blogs which I’d encourage you to check out! And I’d also like to thank them so so much for noticing and encouraging me!
What is The Liebster Award 2017? It’s a virtual award passed between bloggers to bloggers designed to help connect with and promote others blogs in the community.
Here are S & J’s Questions:
1. What do you love most about blogging?
I have been looking for a project to put my time, thoughts, and effort into for quite some time and this has been perfect. I love having a place to put my thoughts and that encourages me to put those thoughts into words. Also it’s just fun and I’m loving finding all of these lovely, supportive people. 🙂
2. What is top of your Christmas list this year?
Ooh this is always difficult. At the moment I’d say more Christmas cd’s to add to my collection.
3. Tea or Coffee?
Oh no, this is the toughest question, so I’ll have to go with a non-answer! If I’m out and about I’ll no doubt buy coffee, while tea is always made at home (though recently I’ve been experimenting with coffee at home as well). My tea is usually either peppermint or English Breakfast w/ milk and sugar.
4. Would you rather fight one horse-size duck, or a hundred duck-sized horses?
A horse-size duck sounds downright terrifying so I’d have to say duck-sized horses. Adorable!
5. What is your dream job?
I mean I’m sure I’d love to be the Queen of England, or maybe just a princess. 🙂
6. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
I’m not sure it’s advice, but a teacher of mine always said, “I’m here to serve” which I try to have as a mindset as often as I can and in as many environments as I can. Basically, be selfless.
7. What is your favourite childhood movie?
I’ve always loved movies and two of my favorites were Robin Hood and Mary Poppins. Though, weirdly I have a special place in my heart for Tremors (starring Kevin Bacon). Whenever my grandpa saw it in the TV Guide, he’d call me up and we’d make a date.
8. What is your favourite food?
My favorite meal at home is probably a roast, but if I’m eating out I’ll have chicken pad Thai.
9. What was the last book you read?
I just finished Crooked House by Agatha Christie in preparation for the film coming out.
10. Why did you decide to start blogging?
I was encouraged to start a blog by a friend (who happens to be a writer himself). The idea was that I would write about t.v. and movies, which you may have noticed hasn’t happened yet. Ha. We shall see. 🙂
11. What is your biggest goal in life? Dream big!
Be on The Great British Bake Off? Yeah, that’s it.
And Sarah’s Questions:
1. What is one place you haven’t been that is on the top of your bucket list?
London was my #1 for so long, so now that I’ve been it’s hard to think of another! But I’d love to go to Austria.
2. What is the most daring experience you’ve ever had? (For example: sky diving)
I feel like I’m not a very daring person…I’ve been zip-lining in a jungle before if that counts!
3. What is your biggest accomplishment?
I ran a half-marathon.
4. What’s your biggest fear?
5. What’s a hidden talent you have?
I can juggle (oh and speak the language from Zoom).
6. What’s an activity, craft or sport that you want to learn how to do?
I would love to learn how to play the piano (I just need the discipline to do it)!
Along with 5 bonus facts:
1. I have a slight obsession with mugs.
2. I’m working my way through the filmographies of Julie Andrews and Cary Grant.
3. White Christmas is my favorite Christmas film.
4. I love writing letters.
5. I got to meet two of my favorite famous Davids! (Tennant and Duchovny)
Thank you again to S, J, and Sarah! I’ve left my nominations and questions below, and I’ll see you next time. xx
Brooklyn from Essential Undergrad – love the advice she gives for college-age people
Sarah from Sarah June Blog – lots of cozy posts that I love 🙂
Julia from Julia Elizabeth Blog – such fun travel adventures!
Jenny from Sparkle and Style – all things beauty and fashion 🙂
Bexa from Hello Bexa – even though she just posted her award post, I had to because she’s just SO kind and lovely
1. What is the best vacation you’ve ever taken?
2. What would be your desert island movie?
3. Ice cream or chocolate?
4. What are your top 5 favorite Christmas films?
5. What is something you’d like to accomplish this year?
Task for nominees:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog in your post.
- Upload the award to your blog. It can be done as a blog or on the sidebar.
- Answer the questions above. (I’m writing 5 questions and letting you pick 5 I already answered)! 🙂
- Nominate 5 blogs who you believe deserve to receive the award.
- Notify the nominated bloggers so that they can accept the award.