Hi friends! I have been so kindly nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Diamond. You can find her over at Positive Nancy giving inspiration and talking about the real stuff of life. She’s so lovely! I also received this award from Christina over at Navigation to Happiness, who talks about lifestyle and mental health. Go check both of these lovely ladies out. 🙂
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are inspiring, positive, and creative. These bloggers bring sunshine into the blogging community!
The rules for this award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog!
- Answer the 11 questions they asked you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write 11 new questions for them.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post/blog.
- What inspired you to start your blog? A friend (and author) encouraged me to start a blog, so that was a huge vote of confidence. I also needed a project to work on, and this has turned out to be the perfect thing!
- How did you come up with your blog name? Well I love tea, and I wanted to leave myself space to write about whatever I wanted, so My Cup of Tea was born. 🙂
- Now that you’ve started your blog are you glad that you did or do you regret it? Definitely glad! It uses my time and (hopefully) my talent and I’ve loved interacting with other bloggers! That has been the most unexpected part – that people are so nice and also interested in what I’m doing and willing to support it.
- Is this something you can see yourself doing long-term? Definitely. You can always write, and this is the perfect platform for sharing thoughts.
- What are some of your goals for your blog? I’d like it to grow, and my current big goal is 500 (someday!). I’d also like to be 100% happy with the layout & design, and I think I’d like to create a Facebook page for it as well.
- What’s one thing you want to accomplish on your bucket list? To write a book!
- What’s one place you would like to visit? Now that I’ve visited England (my forever #1) I think I’d say Wales.
- Is there anything you would change about the blogging community? I mean, with anything there will be people who abuse the system, so I would change that people can buy their followers. I think that’s really unfortunate.
- What’s something you can’t live without? Music.
- What’s one of your greatest accomplishments? I finished a half-marathon in one piece!
- What’s something random about you? I absolutely love Julie Andrews. I mean…LOVE.
- How did you pick your blog name?Was it your first choice? Since I answered the first part above, I originally wanted “My Cup of Tea” but it was taken. Sarah’s Cup of Tea has really grown on me though and now I love it.
- Do you tend to live your life inside or outside of your comfort zone? Probably more inside my comfort zone, though I do make an effort to challenge myself.
- What is one thing that you hope to accomplish in 2018? I really want to learn to drive a manual transmission car.
- Do you like writing in the morning, evening, or whenever you can squeeze it in? I like writing in the morning, but it seems like I only ever have time in the evening (ha).
- How do you remain positive in a negative world? Focusing on God keeps me positive, and knowing that there’s only so much I can control.
- What is one thing that always makes you smile? Friends. 🙂
- What do you typically order at your favorite restaurant? I usually order Chicken Pad Thai at a place called Thai Dish and it is amazing.
- What is your guilty pleasure? Mm maybe brownies? I don’t really tend to feel guilty about my pleasures!
- If you could pick the month that you were born in, which one would you pick and why? I think I would stick with March! It’s always an exciting month because of Spring Break, spring in general, and there’s a lot of basketball going on.
- Recommend us to something you have enjoyed recently. (TV, movie, book, product, anything!) I’ve been reading the book Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand and it’s so good!
- When do you feel the happiest? When I’m having a quiet moment of reading, listening to music, or writing.
Fatima and Rochelle of Two Twenty Somethings
Sophie of Sophie J Writes
Lauryn of Just a Little Bit of Lauryn
Alicia of Balanced Fit Mama Bird
Lanay of Not a Fit Chick
Amy of Adulting with Amy
- What do you love most about blogging?
- What do you do to relax?
- How do you come up with ideas for your blog/where do you get inspiration?
- What is your biggest goal at the moment?
- What is a piece of advice you would give to your past self?
- What is your favorite time of year?
- If you were to go to the Olympics, what would be your sport?
- Are you an early riser or a night owl?
- Do you have a favorite movie? Why is it your favorite?
- Where is one place you would love to visit?
- Where would you like to see your blog in the next year?
If you’ve made it to the end, thank you so much! It actually means more than you know. xx