Welcome back, friends! Currently I have a show called Marcella on in the background (classic British detective drama) and my dog is sleeping next to me, so I’m totally situated and ready to walk you through my current makeup routine. This is the first time I’ve done this on the blog, so I hope you enjoy and let me know your thoughts at the end! Also, as we movie into fall, this will be changing a bit, so I wanted to get this current routine up for posterity and reference.
1. L’Oreal Lumi Glotion – Since I don’t often feel the need for foundation, most days when I wear makeup I put this on as my base. It gives a little glow and makes everything else easier to put on.
2. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer – This is my favorite concealer that I’ve used so far. It goes on so smoothly, blends in really well, is very affordable, and is really simple to use.
3. Sunny Honey Bronzer – This shade is found in the Too Faced Natural Face palette that I just bought recently. It’s honestly the most gorgeous palette and this bronzer goes such a long way. The pigment is great and it suits my skin tone really well! (The alternative I use to this is the Physician’s Formula Butter Bronzer, which is also amazing).
4. Sweet Peach Blush – From the Sweet Peach Glow palette by Too Faced. It’s a perfectly peachy summery color that is quite flattering and glowy. I’ve really been enjoying the whole palette, but find myself using the blush most often.
5. Stunner Highlight – This is in the Tarteist Pro Glow palette and has some incredibly pretty highlighting shades. This one is a pretty neutral kind of tone, rather than having a pink or golden hue, and the color payoff is wonderful. I’ve also been using the highlighters that come in the Too Faced Natural Face palette, in the shades Starlight and Satin Sheets.
6. Cashmere Bunny + Silk Teddy Eyeshadows – These two shades are in the Too Faced Natural Eyes palette. Cashmere Bunny is the most beautiful brown shade and the absolute perfect color for the crease of my eyelid. I’ll put Silk Teddy, a pink/champagne color, over the rest of my eyelid for a quick finishing touch. I’ve been really pleased with this palette, as the colors are quite pigmented and blend very very well.
7. Maybelline Pumped Up Mascara – My tried and true mascara. It’s drugstore, so definitely affordable, and I just feel like it separates and defines my lashes really well. This one is always going to be in my rotation. (I usually skip liner for the day-to-day, but if I don’t then I use the L’Oreal Voluminous Superstar Liner which has a felt tip and is easy to apply, even for a liner dummy like myself). 🙂
8. NYX Buttergloss – Ohhh man the lip product of dreams. I can’t recommend this enough. I have many colors, but my recent favorite for summer is Strawberry Cheesecake and it is…so gorgeous. Try it out. Buy one (or two) and give the extra to me. Go nuts.
Annnd that’s it! Pretty simple, really. As I have the chance to try out new things I like to switch it up a little here and there, but for the most part the structure is the same. And, generally, I don’t wear makeup everyday, so this routine stays fun and fresh whenever I use it. As always, leave comments below on what you thought, what you’ve used, or what you plan to try. And I’m always open to suggestions as well!
So until next time. xx