There are so many great things about this time of year, but one of my favorites is all the television that there is to watch. New shows just premiering, old favorites coming back with new stories, or even rewatching old shows that you love to watch again and again. There are quite a few things that I’m looking forward to watching in the next few months, so I’m listing them below both for you to get inspiration and for me to have all in one place.
Starting with the stuff I’m going to watch again (and I’ll just list these quickly since you’ve probably all heard of them):
- The West Wing
- Gilmore Girls
- The X-Files
These shows feel very autumnal to me, and they seem like cozy ones to watch when you’re curled up on the couch. I’ll be revisiting some of my favorite characters and worlds through these shows on rainy evenings (the best kind of evening).
New or Returning Shows:
- Madam Secretary – A returning show that is probably my favorite on network t.v. and has been for its 4 seasons. Téa Leoni rocks. The family dynamic is incredible and only makes the diplomatic storylines that much more compelling.
- Dancing with the Stars – One of the many shows I watched with my mom, so I’ll be continuing the tradition of judging dancing (which I know virtually nothing about) from my couch.
- A Million Little Things – A new show premiering this fall that looks very This is Us. It stars Psych‘s James Roday, and that’s enough to get me interested.
- Blue Bloods – A returning police procedural starring Tom Selleck – need I say more?
- Outlander – Returning for its fourth season and I cannot wait. I haven’t read the books so I have no idea what will happen from season to season, and I’m so excited to find out.
- Black-ish – A really funny show on ABC staring Anthony Anderson, and I would absolutely suggest you give it a watch. It always makes me laugh but it also always has a more important message.
- The Good Place – Ted Danson and Kristen Bell? Such winners. This show is so so funny and unexpected.
- 9-1-1 – Even though I just found out that one of the actors isn’t coming back for the second season, I’m still excited for its return and to see what happens with the characters going forward. It’s always something big and exciting on this one.
- Camping – This one could be hit or miss since it’s on HBO, but with Jennifer Garner and David Tennant, I pretty much have to give it a try.
- The Great British Bake Off – The winner of comfy, cozy programming. I wait for this show every year and it’s finally back with a new set of contestants. Perfect for snuggling up with a cup of tea and a biscuit!
I’m sure there are more (there’s always more t.v. to watch) but that’s all for now. Of course I anticipate the return of Victoria, The Crown, and Stranger Things, but for now we’ll just have to beg for them to come back until they do. Please let me know what shows you’ll be watching this year! I’m absolutely always looking for more to add to my list, so I’d love to hear what you’re loving as well.
Until next time. xx